Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dance like no one is watching!

We have been working on keeping the beat, counting music, and inspiring creativity.  We completed our individual dances where the students made up their own choreography and ideas.  The classes are now working on Swing dance.  They are learning the basic steps and then making up some of their own choreography modeling the style of swing dance.  Third-fifth grade is now working on a group routine in which they will choreograph transitions from parallel lines to horizontal lines to another formation of their choice in 32-60 counts of dance.  They have worked on self-evaluation, peer assessments and group evaluations.  K-2 students are working on memorizing steps and performing simple circle and line dances.  I do have videos that I plan to post this week.  This blog technology is hard!  I haven't figured out how to post a video yet, but I am learning!